- You only purchase the time you need. You don't have the expense of a full-time vacation home that you don't use that often, but have to pay for all year.
- You aren't tied to the same place every year. You can choose from thousands of destinations to go to through Marriott Vacation Club.
- You can go when you want. You choose where and when you want to go. You aren't tied to a specific time of year. You can take a variety of vacations throughout the year.
- Enjoy more. Stress less. Marriott Vacation Club maintains each resort to the Marriott® standard of quality. We handle all the details, so you can relax and spend your time doing what you enjoy the most.
- It's deeded real estate. You own a valuable asset.
- It's affordable luxury. By purchasing only the time you need, you can afford a much higher level of luxury than you could if you were purchasing whole ownership.
- You can get the space you need. You can choose from a 1-bedroom, 2-bedroom or even a 3-bedroom villa. Choose the size that's right for your travel party.
In the 1960s, the concept of timeshare was born in a small town in Switzerland when a real estate investor sold shares in apartments to families who wanted to vacation in the Alps every year. Instead of simply staying there, the tourists would actually own the resort. This was the beginning of an amazing idea, but it was very limiting. It wasn't until 1984 that a new era of vacation ownership was born – Marriott timeshare. Bringing its hallmark quality and service to the industry, Marriott developed a customer-focused program with innovations to provide Marriott timeshare owners with ever-increasing flexibility in how and when they take vacations. Marriott Vacation Club effectively invented the vacation ownership industry as it is now known.